*aggressively jumps into jungle scout bandwagon*
(via zhatdoktor)Source: letsdrawcats
- Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
- Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
- When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
- If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
- Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
- Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
- Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
- Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
- Do not harm little children.
- Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
- When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.
tbh i think we should all just become satanists
A quick PSA, because working in a New Age store I realize a lot of people don’t know this. Keep in mind this is the simple version.
The fella on the left-hand side, that’s Gautama Buddha, the Buddha, the central figure in Buddhism. Note that he is not considered a god, but a teacher and spiritual leader, the first to attain Enlightenment in his era. Note also how thin he is. This is because the Buddha fasted a lot. He was born Siddhartha Gautama. Buddha is a title, and not actually his name.
The fella on the right-hand side is not Buddha. This is a common misconception in the West. That is Hotai (or Budai or Hotei depending on the language), a Buddhist monk from China and folkloric hero. Hotai is thought by many to be a Buddha, but he is not the Buddha. Unlike Buddha, Hotai actually is revered as a god in Chinese folklore, although not in Buddhist practice.
This post is based on things I’ve been taught by my Buddhist coworker but if I forgot or mixed up something important and you are Buddhist and you notice, please let me know.
This has been an informational post. Have a nice day.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD EVERYONE READ THIS. READ IT. LEARN IT. PREACH IT.
I AM SO TIRED OF EVERYONE BELIEVING THIS MISCONCEPTION.
(via 33v0)Source: internetdoashouting